Need Breaking Updates?
Subscribe Now and Receive Breaking Stories directly to your email inbox daily
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
Ruti Olajugbagbe biography: 18-Year-Old Nigerian Ruti Olajugbagbe Wins ‘The Voice UK’ 2018.
Teenage singer, Ruti Olajugbagbe, has been crowned the winner of United Kingdom singing contest, The Voice UK.
The 18-year-old Nigerian defeated her runner-up Donel Mangena.
Olajugbagbe broke down in tears on Saturday night after host Emma Willis announced her as the winner.
Who is Ruti Olajugbagbe? 9 Things about Ruti Olajugbagbe
- Ruti is a student and part-time carer from Southend-on-Sea.
- Ruti lives with her mum, dad and little brother Femi and currently attends the Youth Creation Performing Arts School in Stanford-le-Hope.
- Ruti performs covers of songs including Latch and Use Somebody on her YouTube channel and enjoys mixing songs together.
- Ruti has said she is influenced by bands such as Bastille and Arctic Monkeys as well as singer Emeli Sande and in 2013 sang in the final of Thurrock’s young musician of the year.
- After a powerful rendition of George Ezra’s Budapest, Tom Jones chose her to be part of his team.
- Ruti battled past Saskia Eng before her cover of Dreams in the Knockouts earned her a spot in the live semi-finals.
- Her performance of the classic Waiting For A Star To Fall sealed her spot in the final.
- She was crowned the winner on April 7 after seeing off the challenge of Donel Mangena on the final night.
- Before now, she has been a part of a harmony group and a dance crew.
How Much did Ruti Olajugbagbe Won?
Ruti won £100,000
She also bagged a record deal with Republic Records.
Who hosted The Voice 2018?
Super presenter Emma Willis hosted the show.
The 42-year-old from Birmingham is a popular radio and television presenter.
Not only does she present The Voice, she also hosts Celebrity Big Brother, Big Brother and The Voice Kids.