Arsenal Team News: See All Players Fit to Face Liverpool
THE GUNNERS WILL LOOK TO CONTINUE THEIR UNBEATEN STREAK OF 13-GAME UNBEATEN STREAK AGAINST MIGHTY LIVERPOOL, WHO ARE YET TO LOSE A GAME IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE.
Get more Breaking News
Subscribe to our mailing list and get Breaking News to your email inbox daily
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.
Everything you need to know ahead of the Premier League match at Emirates Stadium on Saturday.
Unai Emery’s men might have impressed everyone with their recent performances, but they still have a point to prove against stronger opponents.
Arsenal will be looking to end a run of six winless games on Saturday when they face Liverpool in the game of the weekend.
The Gunners won 12 matches in a row in all competitions before last weekend’s 2-2 draw against Crystal Palace.
Nacho Monreal and Sead Kolasinac have minor right hamstring injuries, Hector Bellerin (thigh) and Sokratis (right ankle) are also being assessed ahead of the game.
Mohamed Elneny, Laurent Koscielny and Dinos Mavropanos are also ruled out.
Arsenal have Matteo Guendouzi suspended after his red card against Blackpool in the Carabao Cup.
Possible Arsenal Starting Line-Up
As mentioned earlier, Arsenal’s defense has been weakened by a number of injuries. Xhaka and Lichtsteiner are expected to defend on the wings with Mustafi and Rob Holding in the center.
Xhaka’s makeshift role of LB and Guendouzi’s suspension is likely to open a spot in the midfield for Aaron Ramsey, who has decided not to renew his contract. The Englishman will partner Torriera in the central midfield. Aubameyang has scored 7 league goals already and the Gabon international will look to continue his red-hot form. He will be assisted by Ozil and Iwobi with his partner-in-crime Lacazette just ahead of this trio. (4-2-3-1)
Leno (GK); Lichtsteiner, Holding, Mustafi, Xhaka; Torreira, Ramsey; Iwobi, Ozil, Aubameyang; Lacazette
Arsenal Match Facts Vs Liverpool
- Arsenal are winless in their last six Premier League meetings with Liverpool (D3 L3), their longest such run against them since a run of 12 between 1994 and 2000.
- The last five Premier League meetings between Arsenal and Liverpool have produced a total of 27 goals (5.4 per game).
- The only previous meeting between Arsenal’s Unai Emery and Liverpool’s Jurgen Klopp was the 2016 Europa League final – Emery’s Sevilla beat Liverpool 3-1.
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp is unbeaten in all five of his Premier League games against Arsenal – only Jose Mourinho (12), Gerry Francis (8) and Alex Ferguson (6) have waited longer for their first defeat against them in the competition.
- Arsenal have scored at least twice in each of their last nine Premier League games, remaining unbeaten in their last eight (W7 D1).